We Clean Carpets Because We Know Carpets: Get To Know The Facts!
Aside from your weekly vacuum or choosing an area rug, you probably don’t spend that much time thinking about carpets. Fortunately, we do! When it comes to clean carpets, no one knows more about the finer details than your CitruSolution team. We’ve put together some carpet facts so you can make the most informed decisions about how to care for the carpet in your home.
The Dirty FactsCarpet can harbor germs, allergens, and other nasties. Did you know:
- The 5 second rule doesn’t apply – bacteria can live on carpet for weeks and are transferred almost immediately to fallen food.
- Norovirus (the virus that causes stomach flu) can survive for a month or longer on uncleaned carpet.
- Bed bugs don’t just live on the bed, they can also live in carpet fibers.
- Scientists have determined that air blowing from a running vacuum cleaner is one of the top 5 germiest things in the home.
- The average person sheds 1.5 million skin flakes an hour – most of which end up in the carpet.
- Dead skin cells attract dust mites, which nest happily in carpet.